Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Forever





I just wanted to write and say I am grateful that I know this life is not the end and that the Lord is in charge. It is really a precious knowledge and I am grateful I know it is real and true. I ran into a friend yesterday who I did a prenatal rec. center class with. We really got close as we saw each other three times a week and I came to love her easy ability to laugh, and also her quiet strength as she has had many trials so far in her life. She was due about two months before me and I hadn't seen her in about that time because she stopped coming to the exercise class. Anyway, last night at the store I ran into her. She looked great and we hugged. I asked her to tell me all about her happy news with her little girl, as I hadn't heard anything. When I asked her that I saw her face fall and I knew that it hadn't gone well. She said her little girl had passed away the day before she was born. They think the umbilical cord got wrapped around her neck. On Monday when she went in to the doctor everything was great and then on Tuesday when she went into labor and went to the hospital they couldn't find a heartbeat. She said it was all such a big shock, but that she was doing really well and had been strengthened by the Lord a lot. She had pictures on her phone of her little girl and she looked great and had red hair just like her mommy. My friend was still able to laugh and smile and that amazed me. She told me she is excited to raise and see her little girl again after this life, and that she'd always be a part of her. I walked away from my friend feeling a great loss for her, but also feeling such a great hope for her. I could see that because she'd turned to the Lord He was able to make this giant trial a strength to her and I knew that His arms were still around her. I know that the Lord is in charge and he will help us get through any trials that come our way. I know that all joy comes from Him also and that there is plenty of that in this life too. What a comfort to know my family is forever and that my friend's little girl is hers forever also.
p.s. My sister Cori took that second photo of the Mt. Timpanogos Temple where Daryl and I were married and sealed for time and all eternity three years ago.

5 comments:

Katrina said...

I forgot to give Cori credit for both pictures! Thanks for letting me use them without asking Cor:) Love you

cori said...

Of course Trin, my pleasure! People who are able to grow from their trials are such a great example. Thanks for sharing this story. :)

~estherlynn~ said...

i have often thought about what that would be like- brett's mom had a little girl (after 6 boys!) who died the day after she was born. i am also grateful for that knowledge. thanks for a beautiful post, treen!

Katrina said...

Thanks for reading my post girls. I just needed to talk about it with someone:)

Sheila Kindred said...

I think losing a child would be the hardest challenge ever. I know my mom told me what it was like for her. I know her faith in God got her through. Thanks for sharing Trina. If you see you friend again, give her our love.