

I don't know who even reads this besides my family but just in case other people do, I wanted to let you know we are alive and well:) Obviously having two kids is a lot different than having one and much busier, so that is my excuse for not posting sense Jonah was born. We are having so much fun though with two. It is amazing to see how much those two love each other. Jonah was definitely born at just the right time.
Jonah has just been such a sweet baby. He is very mellow and calm and loves to smile and laugh and explore. Occasionally he sounds like a male teapot (Ava was a girl teapot when she was a baby), but we all just think it is funny. He loves to roll and scoot around on his belly to get whatever object that looks like it would fit in his mouth. He chews on everything so we are having to be careful what gets dropped anywhere near him. Jonah helps me gain perspective when on a more than a few occasions I am frustrated about something and I look over at him and he is just smiling away at me as if to say, "it is okay mom. everything is great". You are right son, it is. He is still a great eater and a month ago weighed 16 lbs 6 oz, so I am pretty sure he weighs quite a bit more now. We will find out at his 6 months appointment in a few weeks. I really can't believe he is almost 6 months old already! I don't know what we did without him. He really shines bright and completes our family.
Ava is an amazing little girl who also enriches our lives so much. She teaches me so many important things every day. Ava loves to read books, do starfall.com and the LDS friend magazine website, eat fruit and cheese, pretend like she is going to school or doing homework, dance, play the "pah-piano", do chores so she can put stickers on her chore chart, take baths, color pictures, build block buildings and temples, give her brother toys, get diapers and wipes for me to change Jonah, help me empty the dishwasher and put every dish on her head like a hat, watch little einstein, go to nursery at church, play with any of her wonderful cousins, read the LDS friend magazine, read her scriptures (kid versions), pray, look at pictures, sing songs (many days she sings more than she talks, and that is a lot!), help me cook, call her dad on the phone, make grocery lists, pretend to use the big potty, push her stroller around, carry purses and bags all over, be a mommy to her doll, etc. Recent quotes; "let's get me in the bath mom", "dot com dad, starfall dot com", as she ran to the bathroom "I have to go number three!", "thanks for helping me clean up my mess mom", "it is okay mom, it was an accident. I am sorry", "we don't play with poo poo and we don't play with fire, right mom?", "we don't pull hair Jonah", as she was reading a book "once upon a time a little Ava was born. she not in heaven anymore", to Jonah in the car "hi buddy! how you doing?", "I make Jonah happy mom! I make him smile". She is also such a bright light in our lives and we feel extremly blessed to have both of them in our little family.
As for Daryl and I. We are both going to school. Daryl is going super full time (29 credits) and I am taking 6 credits. It is a hard thing to balance, but we are learning a lot, praying a ton, and it is working out. We are very excited to both keep on a plan so we graduate together in spring of next year. You are all invited to our graduation!
Life is great and we are so grateful to a loving Father above who watches over all his children. Thanks for reading this and I will try to post more often!


2 comments:
oh i love this trin!! thanks so much for the update, it's great to read these things. the quotes are too much, seriously adorable :) and i'm *so* there for your graduation!!!
I am also TOTALLY there for graduation! You guys seem super busy but happy and I love you all so much. Your kids light up whoever's life they touch. I miss you guys!
Post a Comment