Saturday, July 25, 2009

It has been awhile

Yes it has been awhile and I guess that is because we are busy and it doesn't seem like a lot of exciting things have gone one. But here is a quick update:) Currently we are finishing up a wonderful vacation to visit my Mom and Dad in Iowa. The kids and I flew here on Monday and Daryl just got here yesterday (after we picked him up we promptly left to go to Nauvoo). We have had such a great time here with all of our family. I told Daryl I don't want to go back to Utah. Don't get me wrong, I love Utah, but I have those rolling midwest hills with the prairie grass on them in my veins. Maybe someday:) For now we will head back to Orem where Daryl is continuing to go to UVU full time and working at the Provo temple laundry. I am taking this second summer semester off to be a mom and I am loving it. Our kids amaze me and fill our lives with so much joy. Jonah is 11 months old now and getting the hang of walking. He isn't perfect at it yet, but keeps trying and is really progressing (it helped him to see his cousin Eric walking like a pro already). Jonah's favorite things to do are; look at books, walk around, "talk" to his dad on the phone, listen to music and dance with Ava, climb stairs, explore, sing, push his toy car around, eat anything and everything off the ground, laugh, smile, bounce balls, take lids off and on, clean up, etc. Ava is such a fun little girl with a sweetness and generosity we really appreciate. The other night at the dinner table she ripped her napkin in half and gave it to me, she does stuff like that all the time just because she is really thoughtful. Ava's favorite things to do are; color, paint, play outside, swing, read books, eat snacks, read her scriptures, watch "testaments", learn, play games, cook with recipes, play with her dolls, talk, laugh, be tickled, snugggle, make her brother laugh, etc. We feel so blessed to have such wonderful family and friends and know we all have a Savior who loves us:)

2 comments:

~estherlynn~ said...

yay! i am sooooo excited that you posted! it makes me extra sad that we had to leave you guys on thursday. i didn't want to leave either. i LOOOOVE you!

cori said...

thanks for the update trin! it was sooo great seeing you guys, even if it was for *way* too short a time. love you!!